The focus of the committee is to offer events that provide education, support and mentorship for lawyers as they enter the profession as either their first or second career. The Committee’s events calendar is wide ranging and includes meet and greet events with Judges and King’s Counsel, panel discussions with politicians who have a legal background, informative events concerning well-being and mental health as well a collegiality events for members to share their experiences in the workplace.
NextGen Lawyers Committee
Committee members, October 2022 – September 2024:
- Ben Cleland – Associate, BE Employment Law (Committee Convenor)
- Stephanie Nicolson – Senior Associate, Lowndes Jordan
- Georgina Sanders – in-house Counsel, Mainfreight
- Kiri Petrie – Senior Solicitor, Duncan Cotterill
- William van Roosmalen – Solicitor, Keegan Alexander
- Maricel Weischede – Associate, Alex Lee Lawyers
- Christine Chan – Prosecutor, New Zealand Police
- Mingze Sun – Solicitor, Morrison Partners
- Annelise Chan – Judges’ Clerk, Auckland District Court
- Gemma Bell – Junior Solicitor, Auckland Council
- Steven Raaymakers – Solicitor, Freebairn & Hehir Lawyers
- Emma Moss – Prosecutor, NZ Police Prosecution Service
Interested in joining the Committee?
Applications for Committee membership for October 2022 – September 2024 have closed. However if you remain interested in joining, please email Committee.Secretary@thelawassociation.nz
No Submissions at this time.