Environment & Resource Management Law
The Law Association Environment & Resource Management Committee monitors legal developments at both central and local government level concerning environmental law and resource management law. The committee is comprised of practitioners working in both the public and private sector and liaises closely with a wide range of stakeholders in the environmental and resource management sector including the Environment Court, Ministry for the Environment, and Auckland City Council.
Committee members, October 2022 – September 2024:
- Patrick Senior – (Committee Co-Convenor)
- Mike Doesburg – Partner, Wynn Williams (Committee Co-Convenor)
- Kenneth Palmer – Professor, University of Auckland
- Grant Hewison – Barrister sole
- Richard Gardner – Barrister sole
- William McKenzie – Barrister (employed), Grant Hewison Barrister
- Kahlia Goss – Solicitor, Tompkins Wake
- Professor David Grinlinton, Professor, University of Auckland
- Associate Professor Elizabeth Macpherson, University of Canterbury
- Joanna Beresford, Beresford Law, Partner
- Joanne Baguley, Atlas Legal, Director
- Kate Dickson, Wynn Williams (Christchurch), Associate
- Elliot Maassen, Wynn Williams (Auckland), Associate
- Megan Exton, Bell Gully, Associate
- Troy Stade, Dawson & Associates, Solicitor
- Charlotte Muggeridge, Harkness Henry, Associate
- Alex Cumming, Greenwood Roche, Senior Associate
- Jemma Hollis, Cooney Lees Morgan, Solicitor
Interested in joining the committee?
Contact Committee.Secretary@thelawassociation.nz for information on how the committee operates and the application process.